Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Free Soul



To follow up on Gumbo, here is a look at the video done for the album- it is very much in the style of AD videos done at the time, specifically "Tennessee." And, of course, the song was produced by Speech as was the entire album. Take a look!

Also, I have had a chance to listen to this album a couple of times and I really like it. I'd say that this song is the best one on the album, and probably the most "AD-sounding" song as well. We'll have more on it later, but I highly recommend it. It's almost depressing to listen to uplifting music like this seeing as where things have went..... If that makes sense!

2 comments:

Christian LeBlanc said...

I always thought "I Know You're A Virgin" was the most AD-sounding, but maybe it's just because of Speech's verse on it. Or maybe just because it was my personal favourite from the album :)

JeremyM said...

"I Know.." is a great song, I agree. Still listening to the album as I slept on this thing hard (I'm in a long line for that one). I guess I found "A Free Soul" to sound the most like AD musically-wise (it would really fin in well musically with Zingalamaduni), but yeah, Speech is a big part of "I Know You're A Virgin."