Thursday, October 28, 2010

Update on The AD Discography


A few weeks ago, when I wrote about AD's discography, I made a comment that it was pretty straightforward and that you didn't see the big variations between US and "import" versions. Oops! I have since learned that there are actually quite a few various albums out there, so let's break it down:

1992: 3 Years, 5 Months & 2 Days in the Life Of... - In the US, this was released in two different pressings- the first one did not have the "People Everyday" Metamorphosis Remix tacked on to the end while later pressings did. My copy did not have that remix, and my pursuit of a copy that did is what re-introduced me to Arrested Development! There is also a version in Japan that contained a bonus disc with "Revolution" as well as two remixes of "People Everyday" and "Tennessee." We will have more on that version later.

1993: Unplugged - There is an import version of this, which apparently includes a remix of "Revolution." The cassette version contains instrumentals of "Time," "Fishin 4 Religion" and "U" while the CD version does not (not sure why as there is time available for some of that on the CD). I might have the tape version somewhere still at my mom's house, but it could be long gone too.

Amazon actually shows that this was remastered in 2003 and shows the cover with a slightly different color for the AD logo, so I'm not sure what that's all about....

1994: Zingalamaduni - US Pop #55, US R&B #20 - From what I can tell, there are two different import versions of this. One features "Eggbeaters" as a bonus track, and another features that song as well as "Ease My Mind (Premier's Remix)" and "United Front (Noise In My Attic Remix)."

2000: Da Feelin' - Just the one version of this as far as I can tell, which was released in Japan only.

2002: Heroes of the Harvest - There are two versions of this, but as far as I know the only differences are the covers. The Japanese cover is really odd while the US cover that was released through Vagabond is more AD's style. I don't own the Japanese version but as far as I know the contents are the same.





2004: Among The Trees - As best as I can tell there are three versions of this one- the original Japanese version has a different cover and two bonus tracks- live versions of "People Everyday" and "Tennessee." Then there is the version you can find at the Vagabond site, and a "deluxe" version that contains two bonus remixes of "Honeymoon Day" and a disc of instrumentals from the album, which we covered here. I still need to get more of those instrumentals up.

2006: Since The Last Time - Now on this one, I thought there was only one version of it available. And I would be wrong. There is the standard version and from what I can tell, two "deluxe versions." One was released in Australia and has 10 remixes, and one apparently was released in South Korea and contains 3 live songs (the three big hits from the first album) and 3 remixes (which were also on the Australian version). We will have much more on this one later!

2009: Strong - There are of course two versions of this one with different songs on each, which we covered here.

So as you can see, there are a ton of variants out there in the AD world, just like Speech's discography!

No comments: