Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Positive Vibe



Here's a Speech song that I forgot even existed although I have the CD- from the Pump Ya Fist: Hip Hop Inspired by the Black Panthers compilation from 1995. It's called Positive Vibe and does not appear on any other Speech album. For some reason I was thinking that this song was on another album, but I ran across the CD today and nope, it was exclusive to this project. It's a nice song that would've fit well on his solo debut.

This was really a nice album, and also featured songs from 2Pac, Chuck D (the link is to the album version, a different mix then what is on the album), KRS-One, Grand Puba, Rakim, and even an early song from the Fugees. Back when some mainstream hip hop had a message......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I completely forgot about this CD. KRS, Chuck, Rakim, Speech, Jeru all on the same album. they don't make them like that any more :/
Kel