Friday, October 15, 2010

HipHop DX Interview from June


I seem to say this a lot- but here is another great interview with Speech. The thing about Speech is you don't get canned, cliched answers with him, so almost every interview you see is thoughtful with interesting answers. This one is no different. Here's a good question-and-answer regarding one of the songs on the US version of Strong:

DX: And it seems like you’re keeping that sonic balance going ‘cause that joint, “The Trends,” from the new Arrested Development album, that sounds like one of those classic ‘90s maxi-single [remixes].
Speech: That’s literally – ‘cause I’m the producer of that track – that’s literally what I was going for. Yeah, I just, I like that sound. I feel like a lot of the new Hip Hop heads that’s out now, some of ‘em weren’t born, or were just born, when that era was starting, and I feel like it’s good to just bring that [feel back]. There was a certain type of free, feel-good vibe back in those days with some of the tracks that came out, and I wanted to bring that back with that song, with “Trends.”


Here's the rest of the article.

No comments: