Saturday, December 25, 2010

Arrested Development at Woodstock 1994

Merry Christmas to everyone!  For my "Christmas Present" to all AD and Speech fans I'd like to pass on (most) of what is arguably the second biggest Arrested Development concert performance (I would argue that Unplugged was the bigger gig for them). 

Now, the files aren't the best, but still, it's a look at Arrested Development live at what I believe was the second Woodstock concert back in 1994.  Reading up on the show on wikipedia, it took place at a different site then the famous first show, but for all intents and purposes it was the "sequel" show and was attended by over 350,000 people.  Impressive.  And without even looking at the bill, I can guarantee it was better then the third show that featured Limp Bizkit helping to start a riot.  Idiots.  AD inspirations Sly and the Family Stone performed at the first show in 1969 so it was very appropriate that their spiritual successors would follow up on the 1994 show.  (3rd Bass actually performed at the 1999 show, which I'm having a hard time resolving.  Weren't they long broken up by then?  Anyway, I remember watching some of that show on PPV-I didn't buy it- at the time and it was a disaster, unfortunately.)

Anyway, AD performed on Sunday, August 14th on the same stage where names like Bob Dylan and the Red Hot Chili Peppers would perform.  And here's a look at most of the set.  "People Everyday" is cutoff at about 30 seconds and like I said, the quality isn't the best but it's still a great AD artifact.  The set opens with "Shell," then "Ease My Mind," "Mr. Wendel," "Fishin 4 Religion," "In the Sunshine" (one of my faves and first time I've heard live), "Tennessee," "People Everyday," and closes with "United Front."  Great stuff.  And here it is:  Woodstock.

And once again, thanks are in order to Kel for sending this my way!  Not quite sure how he is able to track down a lot of these various things, but I'm glad he does!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!  And if you don't do Christmas, well, happy Saturday or Sunday depending on your time zone!


No comments: