Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Renee, I Got The Feeling!

Thanks to some epic journalistic investigative efforts here at Highway 85 (I fully expect a Pulitzer to arrive in my mailbox any day now), I've been able to determine that there are at least four versions of Since the Last Time.  You have the standard version with 12 songs, then a deluxe version with 3 live songs and 3 remixes, a deluxe version with 11 remixes, and a "super" deluxe version with all 3 live songs and 12 remixes.  I actually own four (!) copies of this album as I bought it from Japan when it first dropped there, then bought it from their site as pre-orders came with an online mix tape and an autographed copy, and then I bought two of the deluxe versions.  I may have issues....but truth be told I found the deluxe versions really cheap.

With all of these versions out there, it's kind of hard to believe these songs didn't make any of those editions.  I'm not sure what the story is, but they were likely late cuts which could mean a sampling issue as "Renee" and "I've Got the Feeling" are both floating around out there on some kind "advance" version of Since the Last Time.   

Truth be told, I can kind of see why they didn't make the cut but it's still nice to track them down.  Both  "Renee" and "I Got the Feeling" are pretty good and Speech's verses are good, but I they don't quite fit to me.  But if you'd like to reinsert them into the track listing, "I Got the Feeling" is track 10 behind "I Know I'm Bad" and "Renee" would be track 12 behind "Down and Dirty."  (I've had "Feeling" on repeat while typing this and I can say that it's grown on me.)  As to the songs, here they are:

I Got The Feeling

Renee

Also, thanks to reader Ruiner for sending these my way! 





No comments: