Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tennessee Covered By New Found Glory

Here is a great cover of "Tennessee" from a punk rock group called New Found Glory- they appear to be a very successful rock group but I honestly can't say I've heard of them.  When it comes to rock, I like what I like and don't really branch out too much for whatever reason. 

I really wasn't sure of what to expect from this one- based on the cover of this project called Punk Goes Crunk, I was worried that they would take it as a joke and I really don't want to hear that from a meaningful song like "Tennessee."  Luckily, these guys clearly did this with respect and it's a pretty good cover- although the lead singer sounded a bit like Weird Al to me at the beginning for some reason!

This really hasn't been by design, but this has turned out to be "Tennessee" week at Highway 85, so tomorrow I will finish it up with the live version from some of the deluxe versions of Since the Last Time as well as the live versions of "People Everyday" and "Mr. Wendal" that were also included.

I want to thank Kel for sending this my way as well.  I actually was searching for AD covers about the same time he sent this off to me, which was pretty cool because I had no luck finding one of "Tennessee" and this whole theme would've toppled over....  I'm actually curious about the rest of this Punk Goes Crunk album, with covers of songs as varied as "Men In Black" and "California Love."   Man, they even have a cover of "Notorious Thugs" by Notorious B.I.G. and Bone thugs -n- harmony.  That seems impossible to pull off, particularly Bizzy Bone's verse.....  Well, here it is.

No comments: