Thursday, November 4, 2010

Among the Trees Bonus Tracks


All right, I previously mentioned that the Japanese version of Among the Trees had exclusive live versions of "Tennessee" and "People Everyday". I bought this version of the CD just for that reason, and they were worth it because they're really good. I'm not very good at picking out instruments, but it seems that they had a keyboard during these concerts which really amps up the sound in my opinion. Don't think I've noticed that on the other live recordings. So without further adieu:

Tennessee Live One cool thing on here is it goes into the chorus of "It Takes a Village" from the original Hoopla, which was posted here a while back. This was from the Sapporo Global Arena on 6-26-04.

People Everyday Live from Buffalo, New York on 7-29-04. Another great live song.

The Japanese package also contains a DVD with the video of "A Lotta Things to Do" and "Honeymoon Day" as well as live versions of "I Want to Thank You" (a Sly and the Family Stone cover) and "Ease My Mind" but unfortunately it's region 2 so I can't watch it. Oh well. I also finally noticed that Baba Oje is not present in the liner photos anywhere, which is odd since this album features "Baba Oje is the Oldest One." Just a little oddity to point out!

Other than the different cover, the bonus tracks, and the DVD, everything else is pretty much the same, including the liner inside, and it's still one of my favorite AD albums.

No comments: