Friday, November 5, 2010

When 2Pac Sampled Arrested Development...


I've been a big Tupac fan for some time, and obviously I'm a big AD fan, but I often forget about the time the two world's somewhat collided- when Tupac sampled one of Speech's lines from "Tennessee" ("I am still thirsty"} as well as using the same sample ("We're Ready" by Buddy Guy and Junior Wells) from "Mama's Always on Stage." There isn't much to this- basically, it's Tupac's response to some of the things Dan Quayle said about him after Tupac's music was being accused of causing someone to murder a police officer as I recall. While I certainly don't agree with all of Tupac's content, that's certainly a leap, but that's long in the past now. Anyway, this is the closest we'll ever get to having a Pac and Speech collaboration.

Speaking of that sample, here's "We're Ready". Kind of crazy that they hued so closely to the original while completely converting it to a hip hop song.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's a cool post, love it! You can just feel the "mamas" track all over this one. Or vice-versa. ;-) So glad AD re-did that song into hip hop!

Da Bishop

JeremyM said...

Thanks Bishop, I thought that was a pretty good find on youtube and had to share it.