Monday, November 15, 2010

Natural by Arrested Development

"Natural" is a fantastic song from 3 Years (something you can basically say for any song on that record, but oh well).  However, it's single is pretty hard to find- and the copy I have says it was made in Germany.  But there are a couple of treats on it.  Number one, there is a remixed version of the song called "The Natural Way" that basically presents a more organic sound for the song.  There is then the album version, and then the Instrumental version aka "The Natural Way Before I Put Vocals On It."  And then there's the remix to "Fishin' 4 Religion."

So here are the rare versions:

The Natural Way  

The Natural Way Before I Put Vocals On It

The "Fishin 4 Religion" remix is the same one found on Extended Revolution, and it was posted here a month or so ago.  It's one of my favorite AD remixes, period.  Unlike the CD shown above, my copy does not have track 5 "For Turntable Instrumentalists Only."  If it's like the "Tennessee" single, this would be a hodge-podge of memorable lines from the song, set to the beat.     

And hey, might as well post up the video while we're at it!  I never even knew this existed until youtube arrived.

2 comments:

Christian LeBlanc said...

Thanks for posting these! If I remember right, I think this video for Natural was shot sometime during AD's resurrection, for their Japanese audiences?

JeremyM said...

Do you think so? It looks like it's from that era to me. Then again,. Speech never ages so it's hard to tell! But Headliner is in the video so I'm thinking it was definitely filmed in the early 90s- not sure when it first aired though, maybe they held on to it and released it down the road?

No problem on the remixes, you talked me into them :)