Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tennessee Dred and Funk Remix

It's so cute!
On one of the import versions of 3 Years..., there is a little mini bonus disc included featuring three tracks.  I wasn't quite sure what I was getting when I ordered it, but it looked like there were a couple of remixes that I didn't have.  Truthfully I had never seen a little disc like this, so when I had the chance to pick it up for pretty cheap I couldn't resist.  The disc includes "Revolution", a remix of "Tennessee" and the Maroon Mix of "People Everyday" that was already featured here a while ago.  The remix of Tennessee is called the Dred and Funk remix.

Such beautiful carpet!

It's a pretty cool remix of the song, nothing too mind-blowing but well done with some added chant vocals to the mix.  As far as the extra disc goes, I wasn't quite sure if I'd be able to even get this song from the disc, but then I opened the disc tray and the little light bulb over my head went off over my head Looney Toons-style- there was a perfect groove in the tray that I had probably looked at 10,000 times but only now discovered the purpose of- to hold these little tiny 3-inch CDs.  Hey, it's a miracle I can even do what little I can do on this blog....  Anyway, I thought it was kind of cool find for a collector like me, even if it only netted me one remix that I didn't already have.  As you can see to the side, the discs come packaged in one of those double disc cases that makes 3 Years seem suitably epic. 

No comments: